Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My Response to Awesome God Time

Here is a picture with me with a YUMMY YOGURT PARFAIT. 
I just got back from a driving prayer time with God and I must say, it was the first time I actually heard-felt God in a super long time. It was one of those "You had to be there" Holy Spirit moments that I can't describe to you. . . Not even with the Hebrew that I am learning.

This whole thing started because I was hanging out at work and I started seeing things via my ex about him getting a new job and his current girlfriend writing on his wall. And this feeling of....desire to be apart of that life came over me for about 10 minutes; jealously overcame my system. I proceeded to tell my co-workers that Patrick has a job, in which one of them replied "Why do you still talk about that guy stiff?" which brought up a very valid point. . .

So, I leave work and I begin to pray and ask God. I honestly don't remember exactly what I said but the Lord gave me this feeling to listen to Casting Crowns, in particular What If His People Prayed and it got me thinking about a lot of things about prayer (duh.) and I really think it was God thanking me for coming to Him praying. I know that sounds selfish . . but I really think that is what God was saying.

The second song to come on was If We Are the Body. Now, if you are following Because You Are Loved, you should know that this is our theme song. But tonight, this song really struck a chord because it got me thinking about how EVERYONE who is born is able to be in the Kingdom of God because 

Jesus paid much too high a price
For us to pick and choose who should come
And we are the body of Christ.

That's all I wanted to say, anything else I would be talking out of my butt....but maybe take this as a reminder to pray and see what God wants to say to you. 

-Angie 

1 comment:

  1. When we are in pain, God is closer to us. I'm glad you sensed that He is close to you.

    ReplyDelete